Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Go Tiger!

Here's from SI.com . . .

Tiger to the rescue when Parnevik forgets his clubs

Tiger Woods to the rescue
Tiger Woods was nice enough to deliver Jesper Parnevik's clubs on Monday -- and not charge him a courier's fee.



AUGUSTA, Ga. (AP) -- Jesper Parnevik brought a week's worth of his outrageous outfits to the Masters. And he made sure his wife, four children, nannies and friends were all accounted for.

But when he arrived at Augusta National, he realized he left something behind: his golf clubs.

"I flat out forgot them in the garage," Parnevik said Monday. "I don't know how you could go to Augusta and leave them in the garage, but I managed to do that.

"I will make history one way or another. I'm sure I'm the only one who's ever done that."

Parnevik pleaded chaos in his defense.

He had to lease two private planes to get his crew to Augusta. He wasn't in charge of loading the luggage, and a set of clubs did make the trip -- but they belonged to his business partner, Chris Rosen.

Only after a call to his neighbor in Jupiter, Fla., did the Swede confirm his clubs were still in the garage.

Parnevik called an old friend -- Tiger Woods -- to return a favor.

Woods was in Palm Beach County, and agreed to swing by Parnevik's house to pick up his clubs. He brought them Monday morning, and all was well in the zany world of Parnevik.

"I called him up and asked if he could do it," Parnevik said. "After he laughed for about 10 minutes, he said, 'I'll do it.' Everything worked out."

Woods didn't even charge him a courier's fee.

Then again, Woods is still in debt, because it was the Parneviks who introduced him to his future wife, Elin Nordegren, once a nanny for the Parnevik kids.

"I still think I'm on the credit side with him," Parnevik said. "I have a few mishaps to go without being even."

No comments: