Monday, February 06, 2006

Wowowee

We want to find the cause of accident that caused the death of 70 plus before a game show in Manila last Saturday. There cannot be just one to be blamed. The organizers could have not prepared well for crowd control and people themselves were not prepared to form their lines and wait their turn. In the Philippines, I believe we do not have the culture of waiting patiently in line. If we want to be first, we have to line up first. Last Thursday, I was second in the line waiting to have my ticket checked before entering the pre-departure area for Superferry 12 (at Pier 4 terminal), and what do we see? Someone actually wanting to get ahead of me. I could have let it pass, but he looked me in the eye, and he caught my gaze, so he backtracked. It happens many times. Really.

Funny though, some have already concluded that it is the President (GMA) who is a fault. C'mon. Sure, I did not vote for her in 2004, but to put the blame on her for this tragedy is too much. Of course, it is not surprising also that she'd be blamed, for she has also been blamed for the rise of the world market price for crude oil. C'mon. C'mon.

No comments: