Friday, January 19, 2007

Not until the fat lady sings

First of all, forgive me Ate Shawie.
Because you may no longer be the fat lady.
But it is true.
That on any Superferry voyage, you know you are still far from port, until Ate Shawie starts to sing.
Sharon Cuneta has been the celebrity endorser of the Superferry boats for many years. She also sings the jingle.
Aside, I know some batchmates in university who had a great crush on Sharon. I remember one who when we had our yearbook photos taken at Chat Peypoch's almost kissed Sharon's huge photo on display in that studio.
Backtrack.
So it goes, that when Superferry plays the jingle, you can now start preparing yourself for disembarkation.
This morning on SF 16 nearing CdO port, Shawie started to sing 4am. It's good that she has a good voice. Nevertheless, it is very difficult to jump out of bed -- at times, you should definitely not jump out of bed especially when you're on the upper bunk. You could hurt yourself.

In the afternoon, I gave a talk to teachers of Rosevale School on the tutorial system. One thing my school and Rosevale share is the tutorial system, where instead of guidance counsellors to take care of the students, some teachers and staff are assigned as tutors to offer a more holistic formation. Each student has a tutor assigned to him, a faculty or staff who is like an older brother or sister. Parents who like can also be assigned tutors.
It was fun, but a little, how shall I say it, I wasn't used to talking to a mixed group anymore. The last time I spoke to a group of ladies and gentlemen was in 1997 when I still taught at UP in Cebu (and it was a Quantitative Methods in Management subject).
Scratch that, I did give a class on the Philosphy of Man to a technician class in 2004 at TESDA Region 10 Training Center in Tagoloan.

After the class, I was full of envy watching some kids play football. But I could not play. I didn't have the proper gear. They should have told me about the game. Awshucks. I would not know how I'd fare in a football game in this time and age. BTW, Ronaldo had reached a "personal agreement" to transfer to ACMilan. Of course, with the galacticos in poor showing (notwithstanding Becks' not signing up for another year, as if he really mattered to them anyway), Ronaldo's only so wanting to get out. The Rossoneri aren't doing pretty well in Serie A either (with the points deduction), but it is still a great team. Should I and my fellow Rossoneri tifosi welcome him?

No comments: