Thursday, July 05, 2007

Ms. Lucy talks of hope

Lucy Gomez talks of hope in her July 1 column in Philstar. She was in one of my classes at UP and I'd be the first to say I did not get to know her that much. Only since she started writing, and then I read her at times, did I get a glimpse. Then again, perhaps she wasn't like this then. Read on.

What I know about hope
LOVE LUCY By Lucy Gomez

Within the pages of one the many fairy-tale books I treasured as a little girl was the story of a poor little girl and a carved wooden flower. A fairy told the kindhearted girl to hold out the carved flower under the heat of the sun three days in a row and all her wishes would come true. She wished for a better house and delicious food for herself and her mama, and that came true. She wished for toys, candies, nice dresses and shoes to match, little bows and a bone for her little white dog. It all happened for her.

...

No comments: