Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Flight risk

One of my pet peeves. Although I am not clear about the level of risk of cellphone use during flights, what I just cannot understand is why some airline passengers cannot follow regulations. Philippine domestic flights are very notorious for such behavior. In the US, airlines actually coordinate with police and prosecute. This recently reported on a Southwest Airlines flight.

I experienced something similar on a flight from Cagayan de Oro to Cebu. Someone took a call as we were descending, less than 5 minutes to landing. Someone shouted at the man "Turn that off!". And it wasn't any of the flight attendants. I learned that the screamer's usual internet handle starts with Forza. Boy, he could have been ticketed also for causing scandal by shouting and waking up some dozing passengers (who also had their phones on silent mode, for sure).

If only we can eject them off their seats!

And the Southwest Airlines cellphone-talking man, Mr. Jones, is president of Skyonic Corp. that specializes in cleaning emissions from coal-fired power plants.

Lefty GWA for sure! Not unusual behavior at all!
You-listen-to-me-only-coz-I-don't-care-what-you-say.

No comments: