Monday, January 10, 2011

"Blood libel"

Glenn Reynolds's piece at Wall Street Journal online editon talks of "blood libel" (in the light of the recent killings in Arizona).  Below the title, one reads: 
Those who purport to care about the tenor of political discourse don't help civil debate when they seize on any pretext to call their political opponents accomplices to murder.
I am reminded of last week's similar rhetoric from our President at the vin d’honneur where he assailed his and his administration's critics, calling them “noisy minority” and roadblocks of his administration in implementing "supposed" reforms in government.

With a stretch, I feel he almost calls those in opposition accomplices to the "murder" of his administration's plans.  Wasn't he part of the noisy opposition back then?

On another note, read a piece by Brooks Bayne.

 LSM never takes the One to account for his rhetoric:

“I don’t want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry! I’m angry!”
“Don’t you think we’re not keeping score, brother?”
“Bring it on”
“Get ready for hand-to-hand combat with your fellow Americans”
“I want all Americans to get in each others’ faces!”
“You bring a knife to a fight pal, we’ll bring a gun”
“Republicans are our enemies"
“Hit back twice as hard.”
“We talk to these folks… so I know whose ass to kick. “
Republican victory would mean "hand to hand combat"
“It’s time to fight for it.”
Obama to Latino supporters: “Punish your enemies.”
“I’m itching for a fight.”
“They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back"


No comments: