The news of Pope John Paul II's coming beatification on May 1 got me thinking again of my encounters with this great man. Come May 1, I can say that he is the only beato whom I had seen (and touched) personally. Did you have any encounters with John Paul the Great?
On April 3, 2005, I wrote about my lucky 13 encounters with Pope John Paul II. Now as look back, I had a 14th: in 1990, during the beatification of Annibale Maria di Francia (in 2004, St. Hannibal was canonized).
1. Urbi at Orbi, St. Peter's Square, Easter Sunday, April 15, 1990
2. UNIV '90 get-together at Cortille San Damaso, Vatican, April 15, 1990
3. Inauguration of the Olympic Stadium, Rome, sometime June 1990 (preparation for the World Cup 1990)
4. Sunday Angelus, Castelgandolfo, sometime August 1990
5. Wednesday Audience, Aula Nervi, sometime September 1990
6. Priestly Ordinations, St. Peter's Basilica, September 1990
7. World Youth Day 1995, Manila Apostolic Nunciature
8. World Youth Day 1995, UST
9. World Youth Day 1995, Luneta Park, encounter with the youth, January 14, 1995
10. World Youth Day 1995, Luneta Park, Holy Mass, January 15, 1995
11. Audience for St. Bridgit, St. Peter's Basilica, October 4, 2002
12. Canonization of St. Josemaria Escriva, St. Peter's Square, October 6, 2002
13. Thanksgiving Mass and services on the occasion of the Canonization of St. Josemaria Escriva, St. Peter's Square, October 7, 2002