Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Say it as it is

She is one brave lady. Foxnews describes her as: Carrie Prejean is the most famous runner-up in Miss USA history. And for someone from California to say that marriage is really between a man and a woman, thereby only proving that California's Proposition 8 approval was not a fluke, it was really huge.

In an exclusive interview with FOXNews.com's Courtney Friel, Miss California says her phone has been ringing off the hook with people offering her support after she took on a question about gay marriage on Sunday night's Miss USA telecast.

"I have no regrets about answering [judge Perez Hilton] honestly," she said in one of her first interviews following the show, where she answered that she was against gay marriage becoming legal in California. "He asked me for my opinion and I gave it to him. I have nothing against gay people and I didn't mean to offend anyone in my answer."

In her interview, Prejean talks about being "tested" by God, the outpouring of support, and the first thing she and her family did after the show. (Hint, it involves ketchup and mustard.)

No comments: